If you receive an internal error when trying
to renew a SSL via hsphere --> web options --> SSL section and
this certificate was purchased in or before 2010, then please follow
the following steps. If the certificate was purchased after 2010,
please contact us for further help.
This issue happens for certificates purchased via hsphere's one step
buy and install because of the bits used for the private key. 2048 bits
are needed and the private key and csr on file are only 1024. So, a new
CSR is needed by doing the following:
1) Go to web options --> SSL support in the control panel
2) Under SSL support, click "Disable SSL Support"
3) On the confirmation page to disable ssl support, check the box that says to remove comodo ssl and hit confirm link
4) On Web options --> SSL Support, click "one step buy and install"
5) Fill out the form for CSR generation -- make sure to use the
information that is listed on whois records for the domain as
validation will take longer otherwise.
6) Complete the order process and submit ssl.
Unfortunately, during this time the SSL will have an error as a self
signed certificate will be used until the SSL is renewed. On linux,
this can be avoided by restoring the ssl.conf folder from backups.
If you have any questions or issues doing the above, please let us know.