Please follow the instructions below when purchasing/installing an SSL certificate with the domain utilizing HSphere:
- login to the account and please make sure the domain is utilizing a dedicated IP address. Changing to a dedicated IP will require DNS propagation and your site/services will be affected during this period.
- navigate to Domains->Web Options and click the respective hyperlinked domain
- click the "Generate self signed SSL certificate" as shown in http://cartikasupport.com/kb-images/ssl1.gif
- fill out the information for generation of Certificate Signing Request (CSR) as shown on http://cartikasupport.com/kb-images/ssl2.gif and choose if you will be calling your secured area via www or without. If you choose www.yourdomain.com most certificates will work with either the yourdomain.com or www.yourdomain.com
- copy and paste both the SSL Certificate Signing Request and the SSL Server Private Key into a plain text document locally as shown in http://cartikasupport.com/kb-images/ssl3.gif
- Make sure you retain the text document for both purchasing the certificate initially and for future SSL purchases of the respective domain
- you can utilize the CSR/Key information for purchasing SSL certificates via https://accounts.cartika.com/cart/ssl-certificates/ or another SSL provider/vendor
- once you have received your certificate login to the account and navigate to Domains->Web Options and click the respective hyperlinked domain
- use the "Import SSL certificate" option as shown in http://cartikasupport.com/kb-images/ssl4.gif
If you currently have an SSL configured, you have two options; Disable SSL and use the image above or edit the ssl and import a new key and certificate pair. Either will work.
- paste in the previously generated key and the SSL certificate provided by your vendor as shown in http://cartikasupport.com/kb-images/ssl5.gif
- to install intermediate certificates provided with your certificate click the small pencil icon as shown in http://cartikasupport.com/kb-images/ssl6.gif
- the intermediate file provided may contain two certificates. Paste these "both" into the chain certificate field as shown in http://cartikasupport.com/kb-images/ssl7.gif and then click the Install button
- Allow up to 1/2 hour for this change to take effect. Navigate to http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html to check your certificate is installed correctly