If you need writing of files and folders for PHP under linux, please
turn fastcgi on for php . This will make PHP run as the ftp user and
will not require special permissions or ownerships.
To turn on fastcgi for php please do the following in your hsphere control panel:
1) Go to the web options page (Domain settings --> Web options) for the domain working with
2) Under "PHP --> PHP mode" check if "php_fastcgi5" is shown -- some servers are defaulted to fastcgi
3) If php mode above is set to fastcgi, you're done -- otherwise continue
4) If php mode above is set to libphp, continue
5) Turn off PHP
6) Turn on PHP Advanced
7) Change PHP mode for PHP advanced from libphp to fastcgi
8) Click "Apply now" link at top of web service page.
The changes will take effect in 5 to 10 minutes.
NOTE: If you do not see PHP advanced, then make sure it is enabled in the plan.