Go To Settings (Gear icon).
- Click Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click on your email account (You will want to make sure this is set for all your IMAP accounts.)
- Click Account Info.
- Click Advanced (At the very bottom. You may need to hide the keyboard to see this.)
Under the "Mailbox Behaviors" listing at the top, select "Drafts Mailbox"
- In the new window, select the "Sent Mailbox" folder. From the "On the Server" listing in the lower portion of the window, select the "Sent" folder. You should see a check mark next to this folder. Do NOT check the "On My iPhone" "Sent" selection at the top.
- Click the "Advanced" button on the top left to go back to the advanced page.
- Click the "Deleted Mailbox".
- Click the folder named "Trash" folder under the "On the Server" portion. Not the iPhone trash at the top, and not any other named folders (like "Deleted Messages", "INBOXTrash", etc..)
Back Out to Complete the Changes
- Click the "Advanced" button on the top left.
- Click on "Account Info".
- Click "DONE" (do not click Cancel).
You may need to then completely shut down, and then turn your iPhone