Domain Aliases in Hsphere
In H-Sphere, setting up a domain alias is
similar to adding a new domain, but during the process it will give you
the option to set it up for it's own web hosting and/or mail services
or to make it an alias.
To create an alias, do the following:
1) Domain Settings --> Domain Info
2) Click the Add icon next to "Add new domain"
3) Enter name for your alias under "Host Existing Site", "Register a
New Domain", or "Transfer an Existing Domain" and click Submit
4) Click "Continue"
5) On the Options page choose:
- Web options: "Alias to existing hosting domain"
- Mail options: "Mail domain alias to" (optional - select this if you want email addresses aliased too)
6) Select the domain to alias from the dropdown next to each
7) Click Submit
There is now an "old scheme" and a "new scheme" for domain aliases. The
"old" scheme ensures that existing domain aliases continue to work,
while the "new scheme" allows users to add new aliases.
If you are a reseller, you will need to update each of your hosting
plans to enable your end users to add new domain aliases. There are 4
things that need to be enabled in the plans:
1) Domain alias (old scheme) --> allows already added aliases to work
2) Hosting Domain Alias --> this is the new scheme that allow them to add in 3.2
3) Mail Domain Alias (old scheme) --> similar to #1
4) Mail Service Alias --> similar to #2
How to change domain to Dedicated IP (Hsphere)
To change your domain to a dedicated IP address in Hsphere, do the following steps. 1. Login to hsphere control panel. 2. Go to "Quick Access" on the left hand side menu bar. 3. Under Domain Settings, you will see "Web Options" click on this. If you ...
How to change Service Domain with hsphere reseller account
Changing the Primary Service Domain: The primary service domain for a reseller customer in hsphere is tied into a lot of things, including all of the server aliases, nameservers, etc. The way to accomplish changing the reseller service domain is not ...
Instant Access domain alias/Temporary URL not working in Hsphere
This usually because the instant alias was not submitted when we launched a new server. TO fix this, please do the following: First, submit any missing Server Aliases In your admin section, go to E.manager --> Server Aliases Scroll to the bottom of ...
Mail Migration Process
1. When mail1.domain.com is moving to mail2.domain.com, DNS will be changed and all the emails will be moved to the new mail server (mail2.domain.com). 2. After 24 hours, any mail that was sent to the old server (mail1.domain.com) will be ...
How to change a domain name in Hsphere on live site
1) Add the new domain domain1.com to the account via hsphere control panel and make sure you point the domain to the nameservers listed in hsphere before proceeding (and give it time to resolve etc) 2) Log into the account via FTP (or use web shell) ...