Outgoing: Setup hsphere mail server / qmail for outgoing filter / relay
To setup spamexperts on a hsphere mail server / vps / or qmail server, please do the following:
- On spamexperts appliance:
- Login to spamexperts appliance - mx1.whitelabeled-name.com
- Go to Outgoing --> manage users
- Click "Add user"
in the server's IP in the user field and smtp.whitelabeled-name.com
(the actual colo name -- not hsphere) in the domain field
- NOTE: if server has multiple IPs, put make new users for those also
- Leave password field blank -- otherwise login auth is required
- Submit form
- Edit new user via the manage users page
- Complete following settings
- Enable outgoing limits = false / NOT checked
- Maximum number of recipients per day = 0
- Automatic lock enabled = false / NOT checked
- Save settings
- On the server:
- Edit file /var/qmail/control/smtproutes
- In smtproutes file, put in: :smtp.whitelabeled-name.com:587 (the actual colo name, not hsphere one)
- Save the file
- Restart qmail
- Tail /var/log/maillog to make sure spamexperts is accepting mall
- Update any lists, tickets, etc.
Mail Migration Process
1. When mail1.domain.com is moving to mail2.domain.com, DNS will be changed and all the emails will be moved to the new mail server (mail2.domain.com). 2. After 24 hours, any mail that was sent to the old server (mail1.domain.com) will be ...
Email Setup With Office 365 - No Field To Add A Username Issue
See article: https://superuser.com/questions/1391960/how-to-enter-username-of-imap-account-in-outlook-2016 Currently in Office 365 when a user attempts to add a new email account, the username field for the email address is not present. The user is ...
Connecting To Mail Server Securely
Question: Does Cartikas Mail servers support SSL connections? if so how do I properly connect? Answer: All of our shared mail servers do support SSL enabled connections. In order to properly connect with avoiding any SSL certificate mismatch ...
Outlook 2007 - POP3/IMAP Setup
Under the Tools menu, go to Account Settings Select the E-mail tab, and click New Select Microsoft Exchange, POP, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next Under Auto Account Setup, check "Manually configure server settings or additional types" and click Next ...
How to setup email account Mac OS/X (mail.app)
1 ) Open the mail.app application from the dock menu, alternatively you can find mail.app in the Applications folder. 2 ) If you do not see the "Welcome to Mail" assistant menu usually when you first start mail application, choose "Add Account" from ...