Setting up Remote Apps on Windows and Mac and IOs Devices
Users have 2 options to fetch RDS Apps. Log in directly to RDWeb
Users can log in utilizing their RDS users created in SolidCP (email address + password) and will grant users access to all Apps you have provisioned for their respective permissions
The issue with this method is occasionally, when back end upgrades are completed to the RDS and/or AD clusters, users may need to log in to get fresh copies of the Apps they are using.
An alternate connection method is via RDWeb connect
The RemoteApp and Desktop Connections feature offers several benefits:
- RemoteApp programs launch from the Start menu just like any other application.
- Published Remote Desktop connections are included alongside RemoteApp programs on the Start menu.
- Changes to the published connection (such as newly published RemoteApp programs) are automatically reflected on the user’s Start menu, without any effort on the user’s part.
- RemoteApp programs can be easily launched with Windows Search.
- Users only have to log on once, to create the connection. From that point on, updates happen with no prompt for user credentials.
- RemoteApp and Desktop Connections does not require domain membership for client computers.
- RemoteApp and Desktop Connections benefits from new features in Windows Server 2008 R2, such as Personal Desktop assignment or per-user application filtering.
- RemoteApp and Desktop Connections is built on standard technologies such as XML and HTTPS, making it possible for developers to build solutions around it. It also offers APIs that allow the client software to support other types of resources, in addition to RemoteApp programs and Remote Desktop connections.
Setting up a new connection is simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Open RemoteApp and Desktop Connections in Control Panel, either by opening Control Panel, or by using Windows Search.
2. Click Set up a new connection with RemoteApp and Desktop Connections . This will start the new connection wizard.
3. Enter the URL of the connection. This URL will generally be of the form:
Here, “<servername>” is the host name of the RD Web Access server. The wizard should look like this:
4. Click Next
5. Click Next . The RemoteApp and Desktop Connections client software will now contact the RD Web Access server to set up the connection. You will be prompted to authenticate to the web server.
6. Enter your credentials. Now the RemoteApp and Desktop Connections client software will finish setting up the connection.
Credentials for Cartika are as configured in solidcp (UN is usually the mail address + PW)
In a moment, the process will complete, and you will see a wizard page that summarizes the results.
7. Click Finish .
Now the RemoteApp and Desktop Connections Control Panel will show your newly created connection:
You can return to this summary page anytime you need to manage your connections.
The Start menu will now contain the RemoteApp programs from the new connection:
You can also access these programs by using Windows Search:
THE SAME OPTION IS AVAILABLE FOR MAC AND IOS DEVICES
Please refer to this link here
PLEASE NOTE - the remote resource feeds for Cartika are as follows
With Cartika, these URL’s will be
Adding / Removing Remote Desktop Applications Through your solidcp
You can manage all the remote applications that are available for download under your RDS/RDweb portal by navigating to your Solidcp account RDS Collections > Choose an appropriate collection > Remote applications > Your server > choose an ...
Windows: Accessing Your Server with Remote Desktop
This article explains how to use Remote Desktop to access your Windows server’s desktop from anywhere in the world. Please note that this article pertains only to customers who have a Windows server hosted with Cartika. On a normal Windows computer ...
Setting Domain to use Google Apps Email
Information on setting up Google Apps in H-Sphere can be found at: http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61158 Once this is complete, you will want to turn off Mail Service under Domains -> Domain Settings (after ensuring that ...
New Access Management User setup on Windows 2008 / 2008r2
In order to manage your GDPR compliant access to Windows 2008 You will need to create 1) Login to your accounts.cartika.com account 2) Select your access management service (customers with managed infrastructure in both the US and CAD will have two) ...
Full screen mode when logging into servers with RDS
By default, when logging in with your RDS connection manager into RDS enabled Windows servers, the screen mode will be set to full screen You can enable "smart sizing" in your session to address this if you prefer to work in a regular screen, vs full ...